Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sleepy Hollow

Photo credit: Jessica Finson via Photopin
This week I decided to pay tribute to Johnny Depp. Johnny has quite the repritua of out-of-the-norm films under his belt. He is an exceptional actor who puts his own twist on every role he plays. And even though he tried to avoid the heart-throb title, many girls, myself included, find him dreamy. I mean, who could resist him? But I digress.

The movie I chose to watch was Sleepy Hollow. In the beginning, I thought that Ichabod Crane was more of a serious character, which is out of the ordinary for Johnny. Boy was I wrong. After he pulled out the crazy contraptions and gave a dramatic show for a small crowd, I knew it was just another weird role that suited Johnny. And who would be surprised that it was a Tim Burton film? The two seem to have pretty similar tastes in stories and have an interesting partnership going on. They have worked together on eight movies over the years.
Photo credit: Fanpop.com

Overall, the movie kept my interest. I have always thought the story of the headless horseman was somewhat spooky, but in a curious manner. Christopher Walken did an excellent job portraying this spookiness. And as always, Johnny made the character of Ichabod his own. The only thing I thought the movie was lacking was in developing the romance between Ichabod and Katrina. There was not much of a story line there, it just sort of happened without fully explaining it. But in the end, I am glad I raided my roommate's movie collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment